±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36763
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 141

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Internet Examinations

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

How often do you examine the Internet Activity on a system submitted for forensic examination?

62%

25%

12%

0%

0%

Total Votes: 8

zyborski

Internet Examinations

Post Posted: Nov 15, 05 23:17

Hi,

As part of my MSc thesis, I am looking to include some statistics that show how often forensic investigators examine the Internet history/useage of a system submitted for examination.

Thanks!

Andy

Re: Internet Examinations

Post Posted: Nov 16, 05 02:25

Hi Paul, I find cause to examine Internet history records in nearly every examination; however I do deal mostly with criminal investigation which often involves an allegation of its usage.

Andy  

arashiryu

Re: Internet Examinations

Post Posted: Nov 16, 05 02:39

I have seen an upward surge in Internet and Email examinations requests this year. I would estimate 80% of examinations I have received this year are internet and email related. At my Fortune 500 company (manufacturing enviornment), I have had 1200+ hours Internet and Email forensics this year.  

Page 1 of 1