±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36595
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 130

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Hard Drive Mechanical failures

Discussion of forensic workstations, write blockers, bridges, adapters, disk duplicators, storage etc. Strictly no advertising of commercial products, please.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

pgrantuk

Hard Drive Mechanical failures

Post Posted: Nov 22, 05 03:46

Hi

Could anyone tell me where, what or how is the best place to learn how to repair mechanical failures of HDD’s, I’m looking for any course’s in the UK or any ideas of books or websites where I can learn the skill

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks  

armresl

Re: Hard Drive Mechanical failures

Post Posted: Nov 22, 05 09:00

Are you looking to learn how to do head swaps or just get data back from hard drives.

You will find that a large number of problems with hard drives come from firmware and can be fixed with the right software/hardware combination.

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

pgrantuk

Post Posted: Nov 22, 05 14:20

I'm looking to do data recovery, I am able to recover data on working drives but would like to know how to do it on failed drives, i would be also looking at buying faulty drives to repair and sell on

Thanks for your help  

armresl

Post Posted: Nov 22, 05 23:34

Contact me via pm or offlist and I will get you the name of the data recovery classes you can go to

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

Page 1 of 1