±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36738
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 133

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Decrypting MsgPlus! .ple chat logs

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

sierraindia

Decrypting MsgPlus! .ple chat logs

Post Posted: Dec 07, 05 07:40

Messenger Plus! allows chat logs to be encrypted with .ple extension...anyone have experience decrypting these?

Thanks  

hudsonmg

Re: Decrypting MsgPlus! .ple chat logs

Post Posted: Dec 07, 05 21:50

The latest recovery products from AccessData (PRTK 6.1 / DNA 3.1) will run a dictionary attack on .ple files, they will also decrypt the preferences lock and application lock from the Messenger Plus! application -- located in the user’s registry (NTUSER.DAT, USER.DAT).

If the preferences and/or application are password protected and the same password was used for the logs – it should be quick attack. Otherwise, you are left with a dictionary attack for the protected .ple files.  

tuffy

Re: Decrypting MsgPlus! .ple chat logs

Post Posted: Dec 14, 05 22:08

Do you guys know where I can download that program? The official site is down and I can't find it elsewhere. I'm in a situation where I've encrypted my log files with some retardedly easy password like "jupiter10" but I can't remember the damn thing.  

Page 1 of 1