±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36595
New Yesterday: 4 Visitors: 101

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

EnCase demo disc

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

debaser_

EnCase demo disc

Post Posted: Feb 19, 06 23:22

I was wondering if it was worth the trouble to get a encase demo disc? I would just like to toy around with the program for a little bit and gain some familiarity. The problem is that the form to request one is on the lengthy side and wants to know everything under the sun. I get the feeling of "if you arent ready to shell out cash, then dont ask for a demo" I would like to toy around with it for my own personal study, not for a company I work for.  

roncufley

Re: EnCase demo disc

Post Posted: Feb 20, 06 03:52

They were giving them out quite readily at the CyberCrime Summit a couple of years ago. After all it's an advertising item so why not give it out?

It is worth having since it is pretty fully functional except that you can only work on the enclosed practice case. You can still get a feel for how it would be in real life.
CCTV Forensics and analysis
Tape eDiscovery and Forensics 

roncufley

Post Posted: Feb 20, 06 03:56

I should have said, don't forget that AccessData also do a demo of their Ultimate Toolkit which contains a demo of FTK that is fully functional except for a limit of 5000 files.
CCTV Forensics and analysis
Tape eDiscovery and Forensics 

debaser_

Post Posted: Feb 20, 06 04:19

Ill have to check it out.  

bjgleas

Post Posted: Feb 20, 06 15:42

I ordered one of those EnCase demo CDs a while ago, and after I recieved it, it seems like I got a lot of emails and phone calls from an over anxious sales guy. I just wanted to play with it (don't know why they don't put it online), and learn more about it. It was a lot of hassle for a free CD.  

jamie
Site Admin

Post Posted: Feb 20, 06 20:02

I ordered one of those EnCase demo CDs a while ago, and after I recieved it, it seems like I got a lot of emails and phone calls

I had the same experience (I'm not saying Guidance is in the wrong to follow up a client lead, but anyone ordering the demo should probably expect the same).

Jamie  

debaser_

Post Posted: Feb 20, 06 20:41

- jamie
I ordered one of those EnCase demo CDs a while ago, and after I recieved it, it seems like I got a lot of emails and phone calls

I had the same experience (I'm not saying Guidance is in the wrong to follow up a client lead, but anyone ordering the demo should probably expect the same).

Jamie

Yeah that was my main concern. Ive been messing around with FTK instead as suggested earlier in the thread.  

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next