±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36768
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 63

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

MSc student need help

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next 

whoiam

MSc student need help

Post Posted: Mar 09, 06 16:16

Idea

1. Cyber-crime Issues: What Technologies Are Available and How They're Used

can any 1 help.. for my reacrch .. think...........................  

nickfx

Re: MSc student need help

Post Posted: Mar 09, 06 16:36

No disrespect buddy but that's like asking 'what computers are available and what are they used for', it's a huge question!

By trawling through the Commercial and Open Source Software forums here you can learn about different software tools that the community use. How are they used?....well, I'm not sure where I would start.

Can I suggest spending time here, visiting www.guidancesoftware.com and www.accessdata.com and perhaps www.opensourceforensic...ndex.html.

Also just looking at your question again it could mean 'what technologies are available to 'commit' cyber crime!' It is unlikely that these would be discussed on this forum.

If you then have some specific questions please post again.

Cheers

Nick  

bjgleas

Post Posted: Mar 09, 06 19:30

- whoiam
1. Cyber-crime Issues: What Technologies Are Available and How They're Used

Lots of technologies are available, and they are used for good and evil. As the man (Albert Einstein) says: Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.  

Jonathan

Post Posted: Mar 09, 06 21:15

Dodgy!  

debaser_

Post Posted: Mar 09, 06 22:01

Seems like a pretty vague topic and you could spin it a bunch of ways. From the title, I get the feeling that what I would be hearing would be light on the tech part of things. You could look at cryptography and secure erase programs and how they could be used by regular users for privacy and if that outweighs the bad side of criminals using it as well. Eavesdropping is a good topic to look at too.

Just tossing out ideas, hopefully you can give us some more direction as to where youre trying to head with things.  

fatrabbit

Post Posted: Mar 10, 06 19:35

You’re an MSc student and you want help with your research project? No offence, but with such a vague question it looks as if you want us to do most of the work for you. Can you tell us what research you’ve conducted yourself on this subject, or what work you’ve done so far?

Jonathan

Post Posted: Mar 11, 06 15:58

- fatrabbit
You’re an MSc student and you want help with your research project? No offence, but with such a vague question it looks as if you want us to do most of the work for you. Can you tell us what research you’ve conducted yourself on this subject, or what work you’ve done so far?

He actually "need help for reacrch" !!

Rolling Eyes  

Page 1 of 4
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next