±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36738
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 130

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

MSc student need help

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next 

whoiam

Re: MSc student need help

Post Posted: Mar 14, 06 21:36

basicly i am loooking 4 cybercime isssue... what r the techonogly .. .. how they slove it..

i am working on my dissertation ..... 4 ,my master.. so .. they why.. i need some kind information 4 u people.. ...

can i take my disseration as project ....... 4 this topic......

i want to using encase 4 cybercrime Investigation......4 my disseratation.............  

debaser_

Post Posted: Mar 15, 06 00:35

- whoiam
basicly i am loooking 4 cybercime isssue... what r the techonogly .. .. how they slove it..

i am working on my dissertation ..... 4 ,my master.. so .. they why.. i need some kind information 4 u people.. ...

i want to using encase 4 cybercrime Investigation......4 my disseratation.............

Use the "4"s when you write it. That should knock em dead. They know you're hip to the l33t speak.  

bjgleas

Post Posted: Mar 15, 06 09:07

- whoiam

Seriously, this has got to be some kind of joke. Is this the quality of MSc student we can expect? Frightening.  

Webbie

Post Posted: Mar 15, 06 18:01

"basicly i am loooking 4 cybercime isssue... what r the techonogly .. .. how they slove it.. "

What Cybercrime Issues ?
What Technology ?
How Who solves what ?

This is obviously incorrect, Your Masters dissertation would have a title/subject. It would require literary reviews, evaluations etc.
This must be some sort of joke  

fatrabbit

Post Posted: Mar 15, 06 20:48

I agree. I’m unwilling to make any comments about the standard of spelling, grammar and the liberal use of the mobile phone lexicon, but I will say that somebody taking an MSc must have already attained a certain prerequisite level of education to enable them to at least make a start on this subject.

I’m always willing to help anybody on this forum, but I prefer to help those that have already made a little individual effort. I'm sure if you explain/post some of your own reserach to date the help will flood in.

- debaser_
Use the "4"s when you write it. That should knock em dead. They know you're hip to the l33t speak.

That made me chuckle.

Wardy

Post Posted: Mar 29, 06 12:47

- whoiam

If only there were some dashes with this, i'd have confused it for morse code...---...  

Surago

Post Posted: Mar 29, 06 16:25

- whoiam

I too studied Digital Forenics for my dissertation, however after the initial wide (and vague) topic area which (as previously mentioned) is quite extensive i chose to specifically aim my research towards providing a demonstration of the effectiveness of The Sleuth Kit and Autopsy Forensic Browser by Brian Carrier. I would (as others have) suggest you narrow your topic in order to provide a dissertation that is a valuable contribution to the community, rather than a general overview of what people already know. (That was the mistake i almost made until i eventually came to a specific aim for my research).

- whoiam

Initially i had contemplated using Encase for my dissertation, however the lack of funding did not allow me to obtain a license so that was one of the reasons i used The Sleuth Kit and Autopsy Forensic Browser tools instead.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Surago  

Page 2 of 4
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next