±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36595
New Yesterday: 4 Visitors: 150

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Court TVs Forensic Files

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

debaser_

Court TVs Forensic Files

Post Posted: Apr 07, 06 01:12

Anyone a fan of forensic files? I watch it regularly and find it to be a pretty decent show. My question to you all is - do you think that it would be possible to make an episode that is largely based around a CF case that is interesting and in the narrative style they use? I was browsing their website and they take suggestions for shows where you can submit a case that you think would be good. I would be interested to see an episode where digital forensics played a significant role once in a while.  

keydet89

Re: Court TVs Forensic Files

Post Posted: Apr 07, 06 01:58

You could run an entire show with just an analyst running a keyword search across a 120GB drive...

Wink

H  

packys

Post Posted: Apr 07, 06 02:34

Good afternoon,

FYI - The US Air Force OSI site

public.afosi.amc.af.mil/index.html

posted a couple of episodes from Court TV. The first one, while somewhat dated, involves a well known murder investigation surrounding the reconstruction of a floppy disk that was 'dismembered' with scissors.

Christine
e-evidence.info  

debaser_

Post Posted: Apr 07, 06 02:59

- packys
Good afternoon,

posted a couple of episodes from Court TV. The first one, while somewhat dated, involves a well known murder investigation surrounding the reconstruction of a floppy disk that was 'dismembered' with scissors.

Christine
e-evidence.info

Nice. I must have missed these or thought they were too light on the CF. I remember one show that touched on recovering deleted files briefly. I do not know if that is one of these posted on the site.

Thanks a bunch.  

armresl

Post Posted: Apr 08, 06 06:43

There have been 2 that I know of where you can see Encase is being used and the case revolves around chat conversations and emails.

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

WmFlood

Post Posted: Apr 16, 06 14:46

I'm a producer who freelances for "Forensic Files". (I was on staff, but relocated). I produced an episode called "Ghost In The Machine" which involved some computer forensics, although nothing too elaborate.
I also produced an episode of another Court TV show, "Extreme Evidence" about industrial sabotage at a New Jersey company, which they called "Hack Attack".

We are always looking for new episodes. The stories need to involve a serious crime, and the case needs to be legally resolved. Obviously, it needs to involve forensic science, but it also needs to be a good story (good characters, an element of mystery, a 'whodunit'.)

Feel free to contact me with any potential cases. I

You can reach me through my Yahoo! group, groups.yahoo.com/group...nsic_files

Bill Flood

- packys
Good afternoon,

Christine
e-evidence.info

WmFlood

Post Posted: Oct 29, 09 23:25

- WmFlood
I'm a producer who freelances for "Forensic Files". (I was on staff, but relocated). I produced an episode called "Ghost In The Machine" which involved some computer forensics, although nothing too elaborate.
I also produced an episode of another Court TV show, "Extreme Evidence" about industrial sabotage at a New Jersey company, which they called "Hack Attack".

We are always looking for new episodes. The stories need to involve a serious crime, and the case needs to be legally resolved. Obviously, it needs to involve forensic science, but it also needs to be a good story (good characters, an element of mystery, a 'whodunit'.)

Feel free to contact me with any potential cases. I

You can reach me through my Yahoo! group, groups.yahoo.com/group...nsic_files

Bill Flood

- packys
Good afternoon,

Christine
e-evidence.info

Just a reminder that we're always looking for new cases... see the criteria above.

-Bill

Page 1 of 1