±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36783
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 116

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Is the CCE worth getting?

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Bhush

Is the CCE worth getting?

Post Posted: Apr 13, 06 12:38

Hello I have a Post Graduate Diploma in Information Security and Computer Crime and I am currently givnig my CCE.....what I would like to know is that is it worth giving even though I have no experience in the field of computer forensics? All my efforts of looking for and getting a job have been in vain. Would the CCE help me in getting a job?
Can someone please comment on this issue.
Thanx  

farmerdude

Re: Is the CCE worth getting?

Post Posted: Apr 13, 06 18:44

Whether or not it's worth it is purely up to you. It may help you with your job search, it may not. I can't see where it would hurt, but it just may not be a requirement or a selling point on your behalf. There is no substitute for experience, really. If obtaining the CCE is something personal to you and it's not detrimental to your current job/studies/life, then it's probably a good thing to achieve. But if your push for the CCE is the line of thought that it will get you a job, you might find yourself disappointed or frustrated.

regards,

farmerdude  

Bhush

Post Posted: Apr 15, 06 11:42

thanx for the input farmerdude.....but the main point was that I dont have any experience in this field....and the only reason that I tried for a CCE was to try and get me a job!  

kevski

Post Posted: Apr 28, 06 21:17

I am also interested in the question regarding the CCE certification. I am considering getting the certification as well as I have a Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems. I am trying to get into the forensics field but all efforts in looking for a job have been fruitless. Does anyone have any addtional input regarding this?
Thanks!  

arashiryu

Post Posted: Apr 28, 06 23:34

In my opinion the CCE would definitely be beneficial. Not only you have to pass an proctored exam, you have to complete 3 practicals on floppy, cd rom and hard drive media. This will give you some real life experience since the scenarios in the practicals mimic some real cases you will find in this profession.

Will it get you a job? Maybe or maybe not.

But you will definitely gain some valuable experience and hands on knowledge. I certainly did.  

m7esec

Post Posted: Apr 29, 06 00:29

Can you get the CCE without proving past experience? I know the EnCE you have to prove 18 months Experience, I thought the CCE was the same.

SANS GCFA does not require past experience.

Bhush

Post Posted: May 02, 06 00:18

well you dont have to prove the experience if you have done approprite self study or any kind of formal study. I just passed my CCE good experience and worth while....but cant get a job as theres isnt much of a field where i stay!!  

Page 1 of 1