±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 3 Overall: 33343
New Yesterday: 11 Visitors: 245

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Online University looking for Adjunct Faculty

Basic listing free. Premium listing includes listing on Forensic Focus homepage and RSS newsfeed, notification sent to Forensic Focus Twitter followers, a post to the Forensic Focus Facebook page, a post to the Forensic Focus LinkedIn Group and guaranteed inclusion of a link in the Forensic Focus newsletter. Learn more.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

Online University looking for Adjunct Faculty

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:25 pm

An institution dedicated to teaching primarily military personnel is looking to add adjunct faculty for their forensic specialization. If you have a Master's degree and are interested in doing online teaching, please let me know and I will forward additional information. The courses run over an 8 week period with about 25 students per class.  

Last edited by dbarrett on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

dbarrett

Re: Online University looking for Adjunct Faculty

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Good luck on your search dbarrett.

I've never quite understood the needing a Masters degree to teach. I understand some colleges require it, some states require it, but to even require it is what I find just downright weird.

I'm going over the list of people I personally know who are incredibly good in this field, and 0 have Masters Degrees.

- dbarrett
An institution dedicate to teaching primarily military personnel is looking to add adjunct faculty for their forensic specialization. If you have a Master's degree and are interested in doing online teaching, please let me know and I will forward additional information. The courses run over an 8 week period with about 25 students per class.

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

armresl

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:57 pm

I agree with armresl.

My experience with Master's and PhD forensic science "experts" in the academic circles is abysmal.  

Last edited by jhup on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

jhup

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:49 pm

PM sent...  

Beetle

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:07 am

While I do agree that there are many well qualified individuals that do not have a degree, academic accreditation bodies require a certain level of education in order to teach in a program. It is more of an accreditation requirement than a university one.  

dbarrett

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:36 am

People without any degree can become a forensic expert, in fact they may even know more things from experience. But are you guys telling that someone who puts 2 years of dedication, time, money and hard work to earn a Masters Degree is a waste? Not every one can earn a Masters Degree.

If Encase or FTK was freely available and along with Google search any one can become a forensic expert within months, but they won't get a Masters Degree.  

subujoseph

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:40 pm

In my personal experience, Master's degree is of little value as far as knowledge and experience goes - and this personal observation goes across most technically oriented Master's degree. (I do not believe this holds true in business or liberal arts.)

PhD, on the other hand is something I will definitely pursue when I am too old to get up or stay late to make that midnight collection. Problem with a PhD, in my opinion is the extreme specialization.

I think, although one can select a PhD research that is horizontal in nature (cuts across multiple forensic science disciplines), it would still require a niche expertise. Of course, in case of a vertical one it is obvious the expertise would be in that vertical niche.

Now, all that said, a CV with a Master's degree will definitely 'look better', than one without.

Finally, real education, any sort of real education is beneficial.  

jhup

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next