±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36595
New Yesterday: 4 Visitors: 85

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Data recovery firms

If you require the services of a computer forensics or data recovery firm please post details of your requirements here. Other members will then be able to contact you with a quote for their services [NOTE: Forensic Focus assumes no liability whatsoever for the results of services provided].
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next 

debaser_

Data recovery firms

Post Posted: Jun 14, 06 18:04

Hey guys,

I am looking for a few different companies that will do data recovery in the event of hardware failure. I come across a drive every week or two that is not recognized by the bios or has obvious physical damage ie. clicking sounds. I am not involved with forensics as a fulltime job yet, so this is a case of customers wanting their data that they didnt back up. I need a good place to recommend them to because the place we have worked with in the past has never been successful with any work we have sent them. On one occasion they have kept the drive for a month or so.

I would like to know if any of you have worked with some good companies with reasonable prices. I do not want a place that will tell me it will be between 600 and 3000 dollars. We all know how those quotes end up. If it is going to cost close to 3k, just tell me that. Even if you have had bad experiences I would like to hear those as well.

Thanks,  

armresl

Re: Data recovery firms

Post Posted: Jun 14, 06 18:19

Hi,

We charge from $2100-$3200 for drives with physical problems. On certain drives (NP40) the clicking is a firmwire issue which can be fixed in the $500 range.

The thing that is difficult about doing dr work is that if you don't get back a drive for someone, they feel that the company is not good at what you do.
On the other side they feel that if you do get the data back, you will never have an instance where you can't recover future hard drives for them.

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

debaser_

Post Posted: Jun 14, 06 18:29

- armresl
Hi,

We charge from $2100-$3200 for drives with physical problems. On certain drives (NP40) the clicking is a firmwire issue which can be fixed in the $500 range.

The thing that is difficult about doing dr work is that if you don't get back a drive for someone, they feel that the company is not good at what you do.
On the other side they feel that if you do get the data back, you will never have an instance where you can't recover future hard drives for them.

I am just googling and requesting different quotes this morning. So far I have contacted Ontrack (www.ontrack.com and ECO (www.ecodatarecovery.com) Do you have anything positive or negative to say about these companies? Based on the information given, they quoted a successful job at $975 for a 20 gig laptop drive. Ontrack quoted it as up to $2200. Also if you dont mind, what is your company name Armresl? Do you have a website?  

m7esec

Post Posted: Jun 14, 06 19:33

Try essdatarecovery.com. Free quote on whether it can be done and at how much, also very nice people.

nate

Post Posted: Jun 14, 06 19:43

We use a company in Dallas called TLSI
972-263-0707  

drivewiz

Post Posted: Jun 15, 06 00:47

Hi debaser,

I've used Accurate Data Recovery for years for jobs that I cannot recover myself. Their pricing is quite reasonable, usually around 600-700 for hardware failures, and they tend to be pretty quick with their work.

www.a-datarecovery.com  

vilysanty

Post Posted: Jun 27, 06 14:03

I have tryed my data recovery softwares, however i only trust few of them, such as,Data recovery wizard  

Page 1 of 4
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next