New MOBILedit 5.0 With Revolutionary Live Updates System Released
A mobile phone is a digital mirror of a user's life, and when being investigated it is a vital source of digital evidence. It is no secret that phone forensics in today's world is mostly about analyzing data from apps. Billions of people around the world use apps daily for everything from messaging, to sharing, dating, cooking, traveling, business and more. It has never been more important than now for forensic professionals to be fully equipped and ready to analyze a huge number of apps at a moment's notice. But new apps are being released at an incredible rate, and existing apps are being updated just as often. Last but not least - apps bring stronger encryption with every update and users love it. All these factors are working against us as forensic professionals.
The MOBILedit team is responding to this situation by introducing a live updates system in their new MOBILedit Forensic Express 5.0. It allows for rapid response to new apps, their updates, new data structures and encryption. It means you can get an update of the forensic solution immediately after the investigated app is updated by the developer, and, no more waiting for weeks or months for the next update of your other forensic tools or complicated manual analysis of SQLite databases. Compelson even takes it a step further to meet their users' needs - if you need to analyze an app which is not yet supported, you can contact the MOBILedit team to request support for the specific app, and as soon as it is finished you can download its analyzer through updates. This feature and on-demand support coverage is available to every MOBILedit user.
There are five possible components to be updated:
• Live update component for app analysis
• The engine itself
• App downgrade APKs
• Photo recognizer - machine learning module
• Report templates with different languages
It works as updates come over the internet when the PC is connected, or, off-line updates are downloaded separately for those isolated PCs.
Use artificial intelligence to find the evidence and speed up your work. This state-of-the art module is equipped with the latest machine learning technology and is designed to rapidly identify photos of what an investigator is searching for. Simply specify a folder of photos, choose items you are searching for, such as weapons, drugs, nudity, currency and documents.
Report customizations and localizations
Reports and exports are now under the user’s control. You can customize reports to your own style or translate them to your language, so you can meet the criteria defined by the law. Just edit a template table once and change texts in all your future reports, namely PDF, HTML, Excel. We will include verified translations with the installation.
Other features and improvements
• Updates now offer new sections - App Analysis updates, Photo Recognizer engine, APK downgrade, Report localizations
• Updated design, new graphics and icons
• New global settings
• Android 8.1 supported
• iOS 11 iCloud backups support updated
• Deleted data recovery from SQLite databases is now significantly faster
• Recovered deleted data now contains less clutter
• Extract APK files during application analysis on Android to search for malware
• Analysis of jailbroken iPhones improved
• Analyze Xiaomi backup files
• Analyze ZIP files directly
• Bluetooth connection/disconnection time for Samsung devices
• Obtain GPS location from iOS weather app
• Conversations section now contains application conversations in addition to SMS conversations
• Faster listing of folders in phone
• Separation of photos and images on iOS
• Improved phone content browser-commander
• Improved filtering of duplicate contacts on Android
• Improved detection of message type on Android
• Improved detection of calls from hidden numbers
• New phones supported
• Many new apps supported
See complete details about this release here.
Important features of the product
• Extremely wide range of supported phones
• iCloud backup analysis
• Application downgrade - no need for rooted phones
• Extraordinary application analysis
• High success rate in deleted data recovery
• Physical data acquisition and analysis
• Concurrent extractions and the 64-bit engine will utilize your hardware to the last bit
• Extraordinary reports
• Beautiful design with almost zero learning curve
MOBILedit Forensic Express offers maximum functionality at a fraction of the price of other tools. It can be used as the only tool in a lab or as an enhancement to other through its data compatibility.
You can have this tool right now, license is digital with immediate delivery. Read more, purchase or download here.